We are privileged to share our facilities with you. We ask your cooperation in adhering to our policies and regulations.
Payment for events maybe made in person at the Church Office, by cheque or online.
- Use of the premises is limited to the facilities and times specified. To avoid any confusion or disappointment, please ensure you have discussed all your requirements with the Booking Coordinator prior to your event. Overtime fees will be charged for use beyond the times agreed.
- Posters, leaflets or displays are to be affixed only with masking tape on the Church property. All items are to be removed by the user group before leaving.
- It is expected that ushers/greeters from the incoming user group will do a walk-through of the pews and any areas used for the event to pick up brochures, programs, and any other materials left by guests after the event.
- A maximum of four tables may be put up in the Narthex (Lobby) of the Church for display or merchandising purposes. These tables are set up by the Caretaker prior to the event and are in accordance with Fire Marshall regulations. Please check in with the Caretaker on duty or Event Liaison before moving furniture, including tables.
- SMOKING is not permitted anywhere on the premises.
- ALCOHOL is not permitted anywhere on the premises.
- FOOD & BEVERAGES (other than water in sealed bottles) are not permitted in the Sanctuary and Chapel. It is the responsibility of the user group to enforce this through means such as greeters and event ushers.
- Andrew’s-Wesley United Church is not responsible for articles lost or stolen.
- Organizations using Church premises are responsible for providing a security person at each entrance in use and ensuring that unauthorized persons do not enter the premises while you are on site. Security personnel may be professionally contracted workers, or volunteers/staff from the user group; discretion is left to the event coordinator of the incoming user group.
- The Sanctuary and Chapel are Christian worship spaces, and as such no removal or movement of fixtures or decorations is to occur without specific, prior church approval (in writing). Please ensure you have fully discussed and received permission for your particular needs from the Office Administrator, or the Event Liaison on site at the event.
- Your organization will be held responsible for any and all loss or damage to the building, its fixtures, carpets, furniture, etc. that arises during the event excluding the reasonable wear and tear excepted.
- A certificate of insurance is required and a copy should be forwarded to the Booking Coordinator at least one week prior to the event.
- Please ensure you keep contract information up-to-date. Please let the Booking Coordinator know of any changes.
- Your organization assures St. Andrew’s-Wesley United Church that all the appropriate measures have been taken. Music Publishers of Canada, requires that the users of music obtain a S.O.C.A.N. license to perform copyright music in public. Use of copyright music without a valid license may lead to a legal action against you for copyright infringement under the Copyright Act of Canada. Call S.O.C.A.N. in Vancouver at (604) 669-5569 for further information. Please attach a copy of your SOCAN license when returning your signed Rental Agreement (where applicable).
- Our caretaking staff has strict instructions not to allow any violation of these provisions. We ask that you cooperate with them and us in our care and maintenance of St. Andrew’s-Wesley Church.
NOTE: For Weddings, please also see our wedding policies.